BelIR has formulated a code of conduct of the IR profession, taking into account the relevant laws and regulations. Members of the Belgian Investor Relations Association, agree to follow the BIRA Principles of the IR profession.
Principles of the profession
As a member of the Belgian Investor Relations Association, I will :
1. Maintain my integrity and credibility by practicing investor relations in accordance with the highest legal and ethical standards.
2. Recognize that the integrity of the capital markets is based on transparency of credible financial and non-financial corporate information, and will to the best of my ability and knowledge work to ensure that my company or fully and fairly discloses this important information.
3. Provide analysts, institutional and individual investors and the media fair access to corporate information.
4. Maintain the confidentiality of information acquired in the course of my work for my company.
5. Not use confidential information acquired in the course of my work for my personal advantage nor for the advantage of related parties.
6. Exercise independent professional judgment in the conduct of my duties and responsibilities on behalf of my company.
7. Represent myself in a reputable and dignified manner that reflects the professional stature of investor relations.